[filmscanners] Re: [filmscanners_Digest] filmscanners Digest forThu 16 Oct, 2003

Hi Malcolm,

You are quite welcome, and I hope the Minolta III meets with your needs.
The one place you may find the Minolta a bit frustrating is in the
matter of dust visibility in the scans.  Make sure to clean the film
well before scanning (using a soft bristled brush, compressed air or an
ear syringe rubber bulb) Some people go with an antistatic brush, but be
aware they have some radio-isotopes in them and safety may be a factor.

If you still find the dust a problem, Polaroid has a dust removal
software available for free for download which is both a Photoshop
plug-in and stand alone, and another person has improved upon it still
with a free download called dustbuster.  Both of these products use an
algorithm to recognize dust in slides and negatives and automatically
remove it with little softening.

All the best, and good scanning.

Art