From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of John Matturri
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 10:28 AM
To: laurie@advancenet.net
Subject: [filmscanners] vuescan cropping

I keep trying to upgrade vuescan but all versions after about 7.6.28 (up
to 61) are unable to keep a manual crop, set using the mouse, in the
final scan. The crop works fine for a preview but when the scan itself
is made it shifts to maximum crop, throwing all values off  even with
the highest crop-buffer setting. The only way I can take advantage of
the later versions is to do a raw maximum scan, bring the image into
photoshop and crop out the borders there, and then do a file scan on the
resulting file. That's OK, though not ideal for sure, for final scans
but obviously not practical for proofing scans.

I'm using a ss4000+ on win2k machine with 1gb ram.

If anyone has come across this problem and found a solution -- even an
explanation would be nice -- I'd appreciate hearing about it. I
contacted Ed at least once about this at some point; don't remember the
details but obviously nothing was resolved.

John M.

--
words and images: http://home.earthlink.net/~jmatturr/