[filmscanners] Nikon Coolscan LS-2000: focus issues & viewscan

I am trying to help some friends out. Is it possible to physically
adjectthe focus mechanism on an Coolscan 2000? they were given one but
the focus is way off.
We are trying the Vuescan demo and running the current version of  OS
X:  10.2.6
the focus adjectments, eithe manual or auto in Vuescan are not getting
us there so I suspect that something must be physically out of whack or
that the demo or Vuescan is defocused deliberately. Thwe test images I
am using to test with  I know are both very sharp and high resolution
and have high enough contrast in the subject.

Take care,

Ellis Vener
Atlanta, GA

 "I believe in equality for everyone, except reporters and
photographers." - Mahatma Gandhi