[filmscanners] Re: 8 bit versus 16

Hi Henk,

> A photo editing program working with 16 bit/channel and feeding it with the
> maximum available bit-depth from the scanner would be the solution.
> Unfortunately PSP (PS is to expensive for me) is working only with 8
> bits/channel. VueScan is ideal in bringing all the information which my
> scanner can find from film to my digital image, but is not designed to
> manipulate the images.

Check out Picture Window Pro. Completely 16bit. And for me, a more intuitive
user interface than PS. Quite affordable (less than $100).
Their new adavanced sharpening tool rivals Neat Image!
Dowload a trial version from dl-c.com

> Count me also to the 16 bit/channel club :-)
Yup, it does not cost me anything more than working with 8bits but a bit of
storage for those images that I archive for future editing. So why risk
loosing information.
Arguing for 8bits is just plain silly.

cheers
afx