[filmscanners] Re: NeatImage:

I use NI solely for grain reduction instead of GEM and prior to any
other processing in PS once scanned by my LS40. I found in most cases
NI grain reduction produces somewhat better results then GEM less
affecting the sharpness and producing slightly more smooth appearance
(especailly effective on portraits).
After that it is easily processed in PS including effective sharpening.

Alex