[filmscanners] Re: NeatImage:

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: NeatImage:
  • From: "" <HMSDOC@aol.com>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 15:50:47 -0400

I haven't been following this thread from the begining so I appologize if this
has been covered.  I find that when I sharpen my film scans to the point I like
them, in general, I have to back off because I sharpen the film grain too much,
particularly in out of focus areas, even with Velvia and Provia.  Does
NeatImage help much with reducing the sharpening of grain in scanned images at
4000 ppi?  Do you use it for this before or after sharpening?

Howard