[filmscanners] Re: Checking and the new Minolta 5400filmscanner

Petru Lauric wrote:
> Simon Lamb wrote:
>

>>A shame Bart didn't provide an insight into using the built in diffuser on
>>the scans of the child rather than showing us how poorly Neatimage gets rid
>>of grain and softens the image.
>>

> Really? Is NeatImage so poor? [asked Petru who just spent $75 for
> NeatImage two days ago :) ]

No, NeatImage is one incredibly good program, and when properly used is
extremely powerful (and like anything, if poorly used, can do bad things).

Things like ASF's "equivalent" are pathetic in comparison, but on the other
hand, have a user interface a hundred times easier to use (or give up using).

Just my opinion after having tried out a number of "similar" products. Others
may get different results. :-)

IOW - go ahead and enjoy  neatimage!

Mike