[filmscanners] Re: color negative/print film advice

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 06:36:46 -0700, Sam A. McCandless wrote:

> Thanks, Doug for your Kodak ratings. I'm glad to have your report and
> looking forward to hearing what you think of the new HD 400 after
> you've scanned it. I'm hoping it will be a superior to Supra 400 so I
> can at least be sure of an improvement at ISO 400.

Just to make sure I'm being clear here, those ratings were for the
results of scanning.  For looking at through a loupe or doing analog
prints, I think the Royal Golds are best with Portra NC a close second,
then Supra, then Gold Max.  But the fact that I'm getting better
scanned results with Gold Max makes things cheaper for me. :-)

TTYL, DougF KG4LMZ