[filmscanners] Re: umax film scanners

The SS120 scans at 4000 dpi in medium format captures.

However, I'm not sure it is needed for making 11 x 14" prints.  Epson
printers really cannot resolve much beyond 400 dpi in any meaningful
way.  A 4000 dpi scan of a 6x7cm film frame makes about a 2.35" x 2.75"
film frame or 9400 by 11000 pixel scan.  Without cropping, other than
for size ratio, that would be a resolution of about 785 dpi which is
overkill by double of the best resolution the Epsons can extract
information from.

Art