From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of HMSDOC@aol.com
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 11:44 AM
To: laurie@advancenet.net
Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Scanning Software Quality

Vuescan is supposed to suppourt the Polaroid SS4000+ with a Firewire
connection according to the web site.  I will have to check and see what
type of Firewire card I have as I put it in a while back and don't remember.
But I have no problem making the corrections in PS as long as the scans are
as sharp as possible from the native scan.

Howard

<<I concur with your advice and wonder if Vuescan even supports Firewire
connections (and if it does, does it support them with the scanner in
question).  I have to admit that I do not use the latest version of Vuescan
and that all my scanners are SCSI scanners used with a Windows platform.  I
know that in my case, Vuescan does not use the twain driver under Windows
but uses a proprietary driver developed by Hemrick and often does not work
well with Windows XP using Adaptec cards and ASPI layers with scanners that
Windows XP does not support with its own ASPI layer factsimile.>>