[filmscanners] Re: Scanning Software Quality

Howard,
    Since I'm doing the filmscanning on a Mac, I'm not familiar enough with
the Windows platform to give a solid answer.  On the Mac, there are some
utilities (such as Norton disk doctor which also runs on Windows) that can
check for system problems.  There also are some utilities that do system
software and hardware checks, but I don't know the corresponding ones for
Windows.  Also, occasionally running the latest system updater helps, but
not always.
    Perhaps someone running Windows can help here.
        Bob