[filmscanners] Mac Hardware choice for Scan/Photoshop?

Can anyone tell me which of the following would be preferable
hardware for scanning and Photoshop work, (assuming the same RAM in
all cases)?

    (1) a used beige G3/233 or 266?
    (2) the 9500 with a new G3/400 processor card?

I've just bought my first scanner and have hired someone to scan some
transparencies and slides and color correct the images. She knows all
about the software, but nothing about the hardware. I know nothing
about the scanning software or Photoshop. I already have the
following Mac, to which I have added a FireWire Card  for connecting
the Epson 3200 as well as a 120 GB FW HD for storing the scanned
images.

    9500/150 (upgraded from a 120MHz),
    304 MB RAM
    1GB IBM internal SCSI HD
    MacOS 9.1.

The affordable choice I have now is to add a G4 processor to this Mac
or to hunt for a used Beige G3 Mac.

Any advice?

-Maaki