[filmscanners] suggestions for scanning 16mm film?

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] suggestions for scanning 16mm film?
  • From: "Dieder Bylsma" <scanners@spacemoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 21:50:35 -0700

I've embarked on a somewhat dubious project of scanning in a roll of
16mm film. I figure I have about 4-5 metres of it to scan. Surely
there is a way to do this in a more automatic fashion than what I
have jury-rigged with my LS-4000, slide-film adapter and a long roll
going through the scanner :-)

so, any suggestions or am I looking at a manual scan for each frame/strip?

(yes, the goal is to preserve the film in a continuous strip format)

Dieder (questioning my sanity)