[filmscanners] OT - International laws (was Re: Web images copyright)

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] OT - International laws (was Re: Web images copyright)
  • From: "Alessandro Pardi" <alessandro.pardi@inferentiadnm.com>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 12:29:44 +0200

This raises an interesting question: to steal a car, you have to be in the
country where the car is, so obviously local laws apply. But if you steal an
image from the Web which country is in charge? The country of the owner of
the image, of the owner of the website, of the company that hosts the
hardware, or of the thief?

Alessandro Pardi