[filmscanners] RE: Dull Colors with FS4000 and another prob.

Doug writes ...
> On Thu, 22 May 2003 11:48:58 +1000, Paul wrote:
>
> > [...] Canon FS4000 scanner [...] colours always come out really
> > really dull. [...]
>
> I can't really help, but I can say that I've always gotten dull colors
> when using Vuescan, but not when using FilmGetFS.  I've not spent the
> time to figure out why.

  My scanner is a Nikon, but with respect to Vs, I found its defaults to be
very conservative relative to blackpoint, and flat scans can be the result.
You might try setting Bp==0.10 to see if the contrast is improved.

  The other question is ... is the scan flat, or undersaturated?  If the
latter, you should make sure the color space settings are defined properly.

cheerios ... shAf  :o)
Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
www.micro-investigations.com