[filmscanners] Re: Vuescan and Fuji 400 Print film

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Vuescan and Fuji 400 Print film
  • From: "Roger Smith" <rsmith@unb.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 22:01:04 -0300

At 10:14 AM +1000 5/20/03, Some Bozo wrote:
>I shot some Fuji 400 print film on the weekend,
>and have been a little frustrated trying to get the "right" results out
>of vuescan.  I generally use the "generic colour negative" setting because
>it usually gives the "best" result.  However, with some frames on the film,
>the generic setting lost too much shadow detail and gave an odd
>colour rendition.
>
>What colour settings do people use with Vuescan and Fuji 400 print film?

        Don't know about the LS30, but my Polaroid SS4000 works very
well with Fuji 400 and the Generic settting in VueScan. I do have
some odd results sometimes when too much of the frame is scanned -
seems to be a quirk of the film holder.
        Results may be scanner specific because I had problems
getting accurate scans from negatives with my previous Canon FS2710
and Minolta Scan Dual II, also using VueScan.

Regards,
Roger Smith