[filmscanners] RE: Photoshop Gama loader

> From: James L. Sims
>
> Today, when I was scanning some images the monitor looked a little
> different than usual.  I checked the monitor profile and calibration
> with the Adobe Gamma feature and it has stopped functioning.  Has anyone
> had this problem and, if so, how did you correct it?

How do you know it's stopped functioning? I think we'll need a little more
information. Is Adobe Gamma Loader not listed in your
Start->Programs->Startup folder? If it runs on startup, or you run it
manually, do you not see the screen change appearance? Are you sure you
didn't bump the knobs on the monitor? Are you running Photoshop 5, which has
a checkbox for enabling the use of the monitor profile, and has it gotten
turned off somehow? (They've subsequently taken this misfeature out.)

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco