[filmscanners] Re: Spam Alert: Applied Science Fiction is Now Kodak?

Arthur Entlich wrote:

> Further interpretation leads me to believe that basically ASF was unable
> to raise enough public capital and needed to be "bought" by someone with
> deeper pockets.

Or the investors just wanted to cash in to yield profits. ASF's had
three rounds of venture-capitalist funding, so it's probably about time
for them to cash-in. Eight years is quite a while in VC-time.
Ideally they'd not be bought out and instead go public, however an IPO
is almost doomed nowadays and have almost become extinct.  Being
bought out is usually "plan B" for a VC grown company.  The investors
make no money until they sell their equity (not like ASF pays big
dividend checks :-), and VC's aren't intentionally
long term investors.

Mike (who's startup went Chapter 7 late last year) K.