[filmscanners] Re: New cheap Minolta 5400ppi 35mm scanner

Actual resolution rather than just pixel counts are what will be
interesting.  4000 dpi is literally 78.7 lpmm; 4000 dpi scanners common on
this list deliver something like 60-65 lpmm.  5400 dpi is a literal 106.3
dpi.  Proportional to the 4000 dpi numbers, the Minolta would yield 81-88
lpmm.  Diffraction, etc. may reduce those.  [scanner math experts are
invited to flesh that out  ;-)  ] If Minolta's optics are worthy of their
sensor & they deliver the goods on color & d-max, then it will be a
tempting machine.

Will it be the last ever affordable high res 35mm film scanner?

Bob G