[filmscanners] Re: New cheap Minolta 5400ppi 35mm scanner

Les Berkley wrote:

> Thanks for the heads-up. Isn't 5400 dpi a bit of overkill though?

Depends what you want to do with your scans, and how much time, money and
space you want to dedicate to them. Perhaps the biggest benefit should be
greater potential immunity to grain aliasing problems. And 699GBP is cheap,
 really, if all else works well.

> Any
> idea if this will be available in the States? I'll be in Londinium in
> September (I think); maybe I can check one out at the, er, "stockist" or
> whatever you call it?

It's bound to be available in the US and probably @$699 or less. I'd avoid
buying here, it's one of the most expensive places on Earth.

> At least you haven't got that Godless metric money yet <g>!

Or money of any sort whatsoever, now you mention it...

Regards

Tony Sleep - http://www.halftone.co.uk