[filmscanners] Re: comments on using NikonScan/PC

Hi Frank,
I learned a trick or two from a friend of mine who has ICE and the Nikon
scanner whereas I, like you, also use the SS-4000.
If you ICE a slide and then use unsharp mask with two separate passes;
you'll flip over the result. My pal calls it the Leica effect. It's like
taking a shot with a Summicron or better Leica lens.
Scan your slide and then do your levels and colour etc. When your satisfied
that you can't do any better, go to Unsharp Mask and set the following
settings:
Amount = 15%
Radius = 45 pixels
Threshold = 0 levels
Run Unsharp mask
Now go back and set the following settings for a second run of unsharp mask:
Amount = 150%
Radius = 1 pixel
Threshold = 0 levels.

This works even if you don't have ICE.