[filmscanners] RE: Shadow speckling

> I loved printing for rich, black
> shadows in the wet darkroom.  I'd like to get them out of scans as well.

It may not be possible with CN film since it does not a silver halide based
film but a dye based film which often means that it does not have the rich
blacks that the traditional silver halide films have to capture and
reproduce in a scan. The speckling could be a product of the scanner picking
up the dye cloud and T-grain structure of the film so as to reproduce it as
a blochy field rather than as a smoot gradient.