[filmscanners] Re: keeping the 16bit scans

I have 4 networked computers in my workspace that have not been turned off
in about 3 years and with the exception of a power supply going bad last
year I have had no failures. (knock on wood)

I burn CDs exclusively, some are 6 years old and still working fine but I
think this year will be the year I purchase a DVD burner and start
re-archiving my images. I am lucky in that I haven't gone completely
digital yet and still shoot film and scan whatever needs to be scanned so
if I ever lost some of my scans that would be no great loss as I still have
the negs/slides, however at the end of this year or the beginning of next
year I will be purchasing a digital 35mm body and possibly a digital medium
format back as I finally feel the technology will give me the quality I need.

Don