From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Arthur Entlich
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2003 6:57 AM
To: laurie@advancenet.net
Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Scanning for laser printing

Some use standard silver paper, like the Fuji Frontier (I think that's
what its called).  By varying the light intensity of the laser beams,
rather than having just having it on or off (as in the case of inkjet),
they can be continuous tone.

What I find amazing, is how few tones our eyes actually require before
we find the gradients acceptable.  Those six color inkjet printers,
which seem to produce a pretty decent gradation, only work with
something like 32 base color combinations, and many are not even used
because adding K doesn't always make sense.

Art