[filmscanners] RE: keeping the 16bit scans; now=HD longevity OT

Windows 2000 and XP have greatly reduced the need for rebooting after a
software upgrade, even when the software itself stupidly tells you you
should reboot (it should check the version of the OS before blindly
telling you to reboot). Also rebooting does not require power-cycling
your machine.

> I have never heard of "liquid bearings"! Would you please
> elaborate on these "liquid bearings"; I am always prepared to
> learn something new!

I'm curious about this technology, too, but that term is indeed used now
for the bearings in the drives that being made today.

Frank Paris
frankparis@comcast.net