[filmscanners] RE: scanning 'dark brown' colours from a negative?

Dieder

Hmmm. I use Supra 400 a bit myself & haven't noticed the problem with my
Minolta Scan Dual II. It would be really interesting to know what scanner
Randall is using. Have you seen the problem with any other film types? I'm
assuming you know the neg prints OK - could it be a processing lab error?
The problem could of course be a software bug or hardware fault.

Any chance you could email a jpg or perhaps post one on a website (for the
benefit of anyone who follows up on this thread)? It would be interesting to
see how bad the problem is.

Some suggestions to try, one at a time. Sorry if any of these appear to
insult your intelligence but I guess we're all guilty of making the odd
silly mistake:

Double-check all the settings in VueScan are as default except the film
settings. The settings on the color tab being the most important of course.
The help file is pretty good in explaining

Check that what you're seeing isn't an out-of-gamut warning from your
editing software.

Reinstall NikonScan

Reinstall VuScan (it uses manufacturers driver with some/all scanners so try
this second). NB I suggest you download & install the latest version. Your
problem may be a bug that's been fixed.

Try scanner on another PC

Try another scanner on your PC

Try getting someone else to scan your neg

I hope one of these suggestions sorts it out for you. I know how much of a
timewaster problems like this can be.

Best regards

Mike Brown