[filmscanners] RE: scanning 'dark brown' colours from a negative?

>Sounds like a really odd problem which I haven't personally encountered I'm
>pleased to say. I wonder what films / scanners you are using?

Nikon LS-4000ED with VueScan, NikonScan and the source of the images
is Kodak Supra 400.

>It appears that the blue and green values are transposed for the areas that
>come out magenta. (Brown is composed of red and green with virtually no
>blue -in R:G:B values 255:255:255 is white and 85:60:0 is brown. Magenta on
>the other hand is red and blue with virtually no green.)
>
>I assume orange isn't turning magenta so I doubt it's a mismatch between
>colorimetry of the film & sensor. If you're using Vuescan you could try
>tweaking the green up a bit to see if you can get an acceptable result. (And
>if you're not using it download a trial from Hamrick.com. I found it much
>better than the software that came with my Minolta scanner. Vuescan produces
>a far more accurate colour balance, mostly due to it having presets for
>different films.)

hm. velly velly intelesting. :-)

Same frame of film produces the same bizarre colours with each
software. This isn't the first time I've had difficulties with dark
shades of brown and scanning. But I've also noticed this on some
types of digi-cameras too and always with dark brown colours.

wonder how i'd go about fixing it?

Dieder