[filmscanners] Re: SS120 - getting dust out

In spite of the the Polaroids having a good depth of field, there is
nothing within the focal path that is in focus other than the film
plane, when you have the film plane in focus, that is.

Dirt in the system, such as on the lens or the mirror if they show up at
all, show up as out of focus spots (darkening) or light scattering
(halos, smears between light and dark areas, etc).

So, the only place that dust shows up in focus, is on the film surfaces,
or if you are using a glass negative holder, the holder surfaces.

Now, it is possible there is dust floating around in your scanner and
landing on the film during the scans (not that likely), and if that were
the case, then perhaps some low pressure (clean, dry air) might blow it out.

I would also recommend you download and learn to use Polaroid's free
dust and scratch filter (now available for both PC and Mac) from their
website.

Art