From: "Ed Verkaik" <verkaik@sympatico.ca>
To: <bob@frost.name>
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2003 5:29 AM
Subject: [filmscanners] editing NEF vs TIFF scans

I wonder if someone could clear up once and for all whether the Nikon
NEF file form,at does anything that the TIFF one does not, when scanning
on a 4000ED in 16bit?  I like using NikonScan for doing curves
adjustments and this seems to work just as well on either file type. Is
there ANY reason why I might want to start with the NEF format, then
convert, or can everything be done on the TIFFs straight from the saved
scan?
Thanks.  (Nikon was no help at all with this.)