[filmscanners] Re: SS4000--need help troubleshooting

Frank,

I have recently built a new machine and am running Window 2000.  Windows sees
my SS120 when
I turn it on.  I was running Windows ME on my old machine and experienced the
problem you
described.  The problem may not be in the OS but in the computer hardware.  I
am using
firewire as the interface and had a "brand X" 1394 card in my old machine.
1394 is built
into my new machine and no adapter card is required.  The VIA chipset is newer
on the new
machine and maybe the hardware just handles the interface better.  My old
machine used an
EPOX EP-8KTA3 motherboard and the new one uses a Gigabyte GA-7VAXP motherboard.

Jim Sims