[filmscanners] Re: Calibration issue

>No, but the result is the same whether you are using the light in the
>transparency unit (the lid), or the built in light in the base (for
>prints).
>
>But the question is, shouldn't calibration take care of this? I
>thought that was what calibration did.

I'm not all that knowledgeable on these things, but had wondered if the tube was
producing the uneven illumination.  If its both then it sounds more like it
could be the
mirror or a lens is dirty.  I've always assumed calibration was on the total
sensor array
not point by point.  Here is where we need an expert to come in :-).