[filmscanners] Re: Diffusers on Minolta Elite (was Diffusers on MultiPro)

Hallo,

Keyword: scanners/diffuser/Minolta:

I don't know - especially as I have no Minolta Elite, Dual I,II orIII.
Just a MultiPro.
It has a horizontal MF (Glass and Glassless) and 35 Glassless and holder for
35 mm dias.
It took some 3.5 month to find out how to..
Also you put the diffuser  on the side directed to the scanner bulb.
There must be a distance (diffuser dependent) betwen the film and the
diffuser.
That's it! Some knowledge about the temperature near film plane, some
knowledge
about diffuser and diffuser boxes, transmission coeffcien of the diffuser,
intensity of the
lamp (both the film and IR lamp) - and of cause a good optical material for
a diffuser.
Some DIY - minded fitting and mounting is also a good thing.
If there is "plenty" of place you might as well build a holder in the
scanner, just above(before)
the film holder. (Just open your scanner to see if there is place for a
diffuser - clean the scanner at the same time, it might need it)

As said - no more to say - I have never seen a Minolta Dual I,II, III or an
Elite one.
You are on your own. But I'll ask my friend in the Netherlands to try to
lend a Minolta's
of the the presents line - to see if he can fix it for other Minoltas.
I I don't think we do that - a diffuser is most
scannerdependent..(lightsources in the scanner)
Is there a  wish and is there a market for that??
It would be easier to own one - we are not in the bussiness of doing or
selling things.. and are happy for that fact!!-;)

Minolta is not interested - OK perhaps localy but not "Internationally"- and
we did it just for the fun of it.
I understand Minolta - if accepting our findings - they accept their
scanners have major drawbacks, that simple it is - not?)
OK -you might yell it's not fair - but in business nothing is black or
white - It's about making mony - we are capitalists ourselfs not?
Perhaps we can dream of that in a communist country - (But I never heard of
it Scannerfactory #35:1 is offering free diffusers to the working people -
communists don't make flaws ---- just as Minolta don't make flaws)
As a matter of fact - officially none of us make flaws!
Most of us have clean faces - to save! (Japanese/Asian way!)
MultiPro is selling good anyway. That's business in a nutshell, and we must
accept it - and next month perhaps a new scanner.
A bit better but with flaws - all scanners haw flaws - I know of no perfect
one.

So in a way you are on your own - fix some diffusers if you are a DIY-man
and test.
If it's a Minolta scanner with the same flaws - you should manage to get
much better scans.
Anyhow - each scanner and lightsource has its own diffuser!

But if you have a MultiPro go to MultiPro group at Yahoo.
(PS No other than MultiProer's are allowed in that group!!Ds )

Good Luck!

Bo