[filmscanners] RE: Filmscanners - is this about as good asitgets?

> >If you wouldn't mind, check if you can get a raw TIFF out of the Nikon
> >Capture software...I'd be interested to know that.  I'll ask on the Nikon
> >Digital list I am on as well.
>
> As far as I remember you can't. Nevertheless, you can read the raw files
> directly from the card if you really need it. The format of
> Nikon's raw file
> (at least for the D1) is fairly simple. That allows you not only
> to get the
> full information but also to implement your own interpolation
> algorithms. I
> once did it for fun but used a very crude algorithm. By the way, does
> anybody have any info on Canon's raw format?
>
> Robert

Actually, that's a good point, Robert.  There are two levels of "raw" data.
The actual sensor data, and the interpolated data, before setpoints and
curves are applied.  It is the latter I was actually hoping you could get
at, but getting at the former is good as well, because there are aftermarket
interpolators that may or may not give you better results.

Regards,

Austin