[filmscanners] RE: how to scan 'red' 'green' or 'blue' lights?

,

>> i.e. a picture of a car with its brake lights on in the middle of the
>> day. The result is an unusually 'bright' red result on film that does
>> not appear in the print, but does appear in the scan.
>>
>> Is this just a function of the LED light source of the LS-4000, or is
>> this a function of RGB sensitivity by the CCD sensor?

I do not have a scanner that utilizes LEDs; but if this will help all to
the better.  I have found that, when I get files printed via a
Chromira - which does utilize LED as opposed to lasers - at my local
professional custom photo lab, there are limitations in reproducing REDs
and YELLOWs with the same saturation levels as are on the film or I can
get off a scan on my monitor or when I print it on my Epson dye based
inkjet.  In my case the are significantly less saturated.  Thus, your
problem just might be a function of the LEDs' characteristices and
capabilities.

---