[filmscanners] Re: high speed USB vs low speed

> If you can let me know what you plan to use it for and how much you will
be paying for it, I can suggest whether it will be appropriate for your
needs and whether you may wish to consider another product.

Thanks for the advice Art.

I want to digitize about fifty 40+ year old but still beautiful when
projected on a screen Kodachrome slides and a few old, regular size, black
and white snapshots.

Then I have a couple(one loaded with SCALA and the other with Kodachrome)
Leica M6s that I am presently taking photos with so I will want to digitize
a few of my better photos.

But I do *not* intend to print any of these photos.  I only want to digitize
for sending(attachments) to folks all over the world via the Internet.  For
instance my now_dead brother has a website http://www.deanreed.de/ that are
eager to use more photos of Dean and our family.

The cost of the scanner is not so important nor is the speed.  But I do
*not* want a brand new hobby installing and maintaining it.  Sturdy,
reliable, easy to use, compatible with my relatively new(lots of hard disc
space and a fast Intel P4 processor but still using Windows 98 Second
Edition) computer is what is important to me.

Thanks again for the help.      Dale
---
$ dale-reed@att.net    Seattle, Washington USA $