[filmscanners] Re: high speed USB vs low speed

The HP S20 uses a regular USB v1.1 interface, unless it has been
redesigned recently, which I'd be surprised about.

In actual fact, the USB 1.1 that mine came with was about 1/3rd slower
than the original SCSI II interface the earlier S10 (5100A) scanner came
with.

Likely, the USB port you have is indeed a version 1.1 so it will work as
  designed.  However, to answer your other question, if it had been a
v2.0 USB scanner, it should still work with the version 1.1 USB port on
your computer, but it wouldn't be any faster than the USB v1.1 standard.

Having said all this, unless you are getting this scanner at a very good
price, I cannot recommend it.  If you can let me know what you plan to
use it for and how much you will be paying for it, I can suggest whether
it will be appropriate for your needs and whether you may wish to
consider another product.

Art