[filmscanners] Epson 2450 coverted to film scanner to [Bruce]

Bruce,

Any results about modifying your 2450 into a film scanner?

I have an old Microtek which I woudl love to modify.

Thanks.

Francoise Frigola

Inkjet Prints in Multiples ~ Sculpture
www.pe.net/~franou/

>> [snip]  I will then disassemble the 2450, line the interior with black
flocked adhesive backed
contact paper, and replace the glass with an aluminum plate with a 4.5 x 9
cutout.
The former to increase separation in dense areas by reducing internal
reflections, the latter to provide a clear optical path. In other words,
convert it to a dedicated film scanner.