[filmscanners] My best scanner/film combinations

Hi all

Just thought I would post this piece of info even if it is only of use
to people searching the archives.

I have given up on slide film because the inability of my Microtek 4000T
to get decent details out of the shadows. I have experimented with just
about every 100ASA colour neg film I can get hold of. The clear winner
seems to be Fuji Superia 100. Don't go anywhere near Jessops 100 unless
you like the scanning artefacts you get from scanning 800 speed film!

Of course with neg film you have to live with the not so smooth colour
gradients but at least it's better than losing you shadows and thus the
photo.

Regards

Anthony