[filmscanners] RE: Kodachrome green / scanner colorimetry

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Kodachrome green / scanner colorimetry
  • From: "Jack Phipps" <JPhipps@asf.com>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 13:11:31 -0600

Hello Tom!
Have you tried Digital SHO to dig the detail out of the shadows? It does a
rather incredible job of showing detail without blowing the highlights. I
realize this isn't really the question you are asking in that you have to
have shadow detail available in the scan in order for Digital SHO to do its
job. However, if you have shadows and highlights and you want to show both
of them in a single image this program does wonders.

You can download a sample version of the program at www.asf.com.

Jack Phipps
Applied Science Fiction