[filmscanners] Re: labeling cd's

You missed it: ;-)

On 11/4/02 I wrote:

> Obviously, the safest is to use the middle hub which has no recording

> surface, or if you don't fill the CD, perhaps use the non-recorded area

> (the CD-Rs are recorded from the center out, so you can often see the

> point where the recording stops).
>
> Art

The issue of using the inkjet surfaced ones still doesn't answer the
ultimate questions:

1) Does the process of adding that surface in any manner compromise the
durability or permanence of the other coatings under it (or maybe it
makes it better and stronger, who knows)?

2) What does the ink from inkjets do to the CD over time?

Art