[filmscanners] RE: Tramlines on Minolta Scanners - Photoshop Mask

Thank you, Al
Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of
al@greenspace.freeserve.co.uk
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 2:53 PM
To: am15us@earthlink.net
Subject: [filmscanners] Tramlines on Minolta Scanners - Photoshop Mask

For anyone that's interested, this is a technique I've used to combat
tramlines on
Minolta scanners which seems reasonably effective.  As I said in my last
post It only
works with tramlines which are caused by black point mis-calibration, ie the
ones that
only appear in the shadows, but not in the mid-tones or highlights, and
which are always
in the same CCD position.  It won't deal with tramlines caused by dust etc
in the
lightpath...

Al Bond