[filmscanners] nikon coolscan III ls30

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] nikon coolscan III ls30
  • From: "Jennifer Trotts" <jtrotts@optonline.net>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 23:04:19 -0500

I just purchased a nikon coolscan III from ebay.
I am running windows 2000 pro.

When I open Nikon Scan I get this error:
"The scanner has reported a hardware error. The present function cannot be
continued. Sense: 0x04620000"

When the scanner turns on the green light flashes slowly while making
scanning noises, then the noise stops and the light flashes quickly, and
then it switches to solid green and stays that way. When I open Nikon Scan,
I don't hear any mechanical noises from the scanner, the error comes up
before I can do anything.

I could not install without downloading the Nikon Scan 2.5 software from the
european Nikon site, so I'm wondering if the driver is the problem. Windows
recognizes the device in the device manager, but the Test button is grayed
out in the Scanners and Cameras control panel.

Can anyone point me to the proper drivers so I can rule that out before I
take it to be serviced? I know that damage during shipping could have
occurred, but it was packed well and the locking screws were in place.

Thanks,
Jennifer Trotts