[filmscanners] Re: Digital Darkroom Computer Builders?

"Bob Frost" <bob@frost.name> wrote:

This ties in with my experience. Using Xp Pro I find that every so often I
have to shut down PS because, even with all previous images deleted, it
becomes pathetically slow to handle another one. After closing PS and then
opening the new file, everything works fast again - for a while.
I'm just trying Picture Window Pro, but it would take some getting used to I
fear.
<<<<<<<<<<<

Picture Window Pro is an interesting collection of felicties and
infelicities. Quite a few of the felicities are hidden. My favorite (so far)
is its infintely flexible levels function that allows you to add new control
points and see what it's doing (both histogram and preview) in real time. In
the Gray->Brightenss Curve dialog, select the second option icon (double
histograms) and shift-click anywhere on the baseline of the top histogram.
Absolutely amazing.

David J. Littleboy
davidjl@easily.amuzed.com
Tokyo, Japan