[filmscanners] RE: rebuild your scanner and get better results

Hello,
I'm fairly new here, but just wanted to provide an example of banding on an
ls400ed.  The scanner is currently in for repair to correct the problem.
While the "stripes" were intermittent it sounded like a known problem to
Nikon.

Andras said
>I've never seen x banding on a Coolscan, and it can't even exist in
principle (that's what the CCD is calibrated for).<

I'm willing to accept Andras's statement at face value, as my particular
problem may not be calibration.  In my case, these "stripes" can appear at
any place, any size and frequency on the scan.

If this is not the "banding" you are referring to, please disregard my
intrusion.

The image can be viewed at:
www.scribnerdesign.com/bad_scan1.jpg
www.scribnerdesign.com/bad_scan2.jpg