[filmscanners] Re: New version - SilverFast 6.0

Paul,
It looks like full 48 bit processing for Ai came in with v 5.5.2 from the
version history ( http://www.silverfast.com/show/history/en.html )
.  LaserSoft says more explicitly at
http://www.silverfast.com/show/48bits/en.html :

"SilverFast 5.5.2 assures uncompromised tonal range with 48 bit correction
"SilverFast Ai for scanners and SilverFast HDR for raw data processing now
offer to do all corrections in 48 bit color space."

I've seen a little combing in some negative scans with v.6.0.1r16 on an
SS4000.   They're not full drop outs; just a few spikes or dips in the
pixel count going at most 1/3 up or down from a smooth histogram.  Viewscan
histograms show some of the same, but I haven't done comparison tests on
the same negative.  Maybe these come from the 12 bit scanner output rather
than the software.

Bob