[filmscanners] Re: OT:Stolen email address or something similar

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 18:45:38 -0400  Preston Earle (PEarle@triad.rr.com)
wrote:

> Boy, that's a bummer. I think something similar happened to several
> other people on the list. Their e-mail programs seem to be sending out
> random messages with [filmscanners] headings but with nothing to do with
> film, scanning, or related issues. Maybe they'll be lucky and get the
> mess fixed soon. <G>

It's OhFFShereWeGoAgain/2002, a hard-to-detect virus that gives little
warning, suddenly producing runaway thought processes and filling mailboxes
across the internet with gibberish. It prioritises having the last word
over all other considerations, causing common sense to grind to a halt, and
can cause permanent computer damage if you throw it across the room.

Uniquely for a virus it is platform independent, but watch out for
thematic keyword triggers like Mac vs PC/Windows vs Linux vs MacOS/Canon vs
Nikon/Leica vs everyone.

Regards

Tony Sleep - http://www.halftone.co.uk