[filmscanners] RE: Digital Darkroom Computer Builders?

>But these people don't want any color anyway, and maybe not even greyscale

Even if that were true, which it is in some cases when it comes to text
materials, they frequently do not have an option given that most of the
equipment (printers, faxes, copiers, etc.) are color these days.  In the
case of producing hard copies from the computer, many users rely on using
printers that are CYMK based.  Then there is the case where they want
hardcopies for the files which contain colored images and they want those
documents to be as close a resemblance to the original as possible in terms
of color and contents.  My point is that most of the RGB materials
ultimately find themselves being reproduced in some hard copy form which
uses CYMK color space for a number of reasons.