[filmscanners] Re: OT: RE: Get a Mac... or a VAX?

Major A writes:

> Now look at Microsoft -- they are member
> of the ICC, therefore they are OBLIGED to
> implement ICC software at the OS level
> (according to the ICC agreement), which
> to this day they have failed to do.

Microsoft provides color management at the OS level in Windows XP (Pro
edition only, I think).  I'm not sure about Windows 2000.

> Furthermore, look at MacOS X: Most of it
> is based on NextStep/OpenStep, the environment
> that once drove one of the biggest names
> in desktop publishing (Next).

Had you said Adobe or Quark, I'd agree, but Next was a flash in the pan, and
I don't recall it ever being a big name in anything.

> BTW, having OpenStep makes the whole
> C#/CORBA/COM/.NET bull**** redundant. It has
> been there for so long, it's much more elegant and
> simple, but somehow nobody seems to realize that.

I guess most people don't have axes to grind.