[filmscanners] Re: Digital Darkroom Computer Builders?

Hi Gannett,

I couldn't agree more with you. I recall some PC integrators around here in
Barcelona offering a machine line purposed for "video and photo" once upon
a time, but they disappeared.
Unfortunately there's not much technical reliability or even knowledge
within the shops, so I always ended up building my own computers from
individual components. You probably know better what do you really need
than the shop's guy, even from a technical point of view...

I was chatting just yesterday with a digital salesman/advisor from the
largest pro shop in Barcelona. I was just buying the IT8 Kodak target for
my scanner; he was amazed at me, as he's selling a couple of them a year at
most. Crazy world, he said, all these pros spending thousands on cameras
don't even think about their displaying tools and the need for calibrated
computers.

Roger

Dr. Roger Eritja
Biologist
Baix Llobregat Mosquito Control District
Nature photography
http://www.eritja.com