[filmscanners] Re: Cleaning your monitor...

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Cleaning your monitor...
  • From: "Bob Frost" <bob@frost.name>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 22:05:23 +0100

Maris,

My Mitsubishi manual tells me to clean my 21" monitor screen with a soft
cloth to which a little water or neutral detergent is added if necessary. On
no account must you use volatile solvents or spray anything on the monitor
screen. By neutral detergent I think they mean the stuff that you use for
hand dishwashing, not machine-dishwashing detergent which is very alkaline.

Seems clear to me. What does your manual tell you?

I also use a Spyder which does mark the screen with it's rubber feet.
Interesting that my Mitsubishi manual says one must not leave rubber in
contact with the screen for any length of time!
I have suggested that Colorvision change the composition of the Spyder's
feet to avoid this problem.

Bob Frost.